WAO Board Member Selected to Participate in AAO Leadership Development Program
Wednesday, June 24, 2020
The Academy is very pleased to announce that twenty ophthalmologists have been chosen via a competitive selection process to participate in the Academy's Leadership Development Program (LDP) XXIII, class of 2021.
A sincere thanks to all state, subspecialty and specialized interest societies who submitted nominations for consideration. Based on program evaluations, we are committed to maintaining a small class size to maximize interaction and collaborative learning.
Congratulations to the LDP XXIII, class of 2021 and their nominating societies:
The class will begin with a LDP Orientation Session at AAO 2020, the Academy's annual meeting in Las Vegas. They will meet again in San Francisco on January 14-17, 2021 for a joint session with the European Society of Ophthalmology's (SOE) Leadership Development Programme, the EuLDP Class of 2019-2021.
- Mais Alkilany, MD - Middle East Africa Council of Ophthalmology/Jordanian Ophthalmological Society
- Cynthia Lais Beauchamp, MD - American Association for Pediatric Ophthalmology and Strabismus
- Mary T. Champion, MD - Kansas Society of Eye Physicians and Surgeons
- Matilda F. Chan, MD, PhD - Association for Research in Vision and Ophthalmology
- Jasmine H. Francis, MD - Macula Society
- William G. Gensheimer, MD - Society of Military Ophthalmologists
- Nina A. Goyal, MD - Illinois Society of Eye Physicians and Surgeons
- Lindsey D. Harris, MD, FACS - Texas Ophthalmological Association
- Jason Hsu, MD - Retina Society
- Eleanore T. Kim, MD - Association of University Professors of Ophthalmology
- Jennifer C. Larson, MD - Wisconsin Academy of Ophthalmology
- Sonia Mehta, MD - Pennsylvania Academy of Ophthalmology
- R. Grant Morshedi, MD - Arkansas Ophthalmological Society
- D. Wilkin Parke III, MD - Minnesota Academy of Ophthalmology
- Christina Rapp Prescott, MD, PhD - Eye and Contact Lens Association
- Vandana C. Reddy, MD - Georgia Society of Ophthalmology
- Maria A. Woodward, MD, MSc - Cornea Society
- Fasika A. Woreta, MD - National Medical Association, Ophthalmology Section
- E.M. Brendan Wyatt, MS, MD - Alabama Academy of Ophthalmology
- Jonathan Yoken, MD - Oregon Academy of Ophthalmology
If you have questions about the Academy's Leadership Development Program, please contact Gail Schmidt (firstname.lastname@example.org), Director of Ophthalmic Society Relations.
Congrats again to all participants and nominating societies.