Membership Benefits Include:
- Legislative Advocacy: To ensure that the concerns for quality patient care are addressed in the legislature, WAO leaders continue to maintain a strong, positive relationship with our state legislators.
- CME Programs: The WAO is accredited by the Wisconsin Medical Association to provide physician CME which is held annually.
- Coding and Billing Seminars: WAO holds an annual Coding Seminar. The program is designed to assist Ophthalmologists and their office staff in documentation and reimbursement issues.
- Newsletters, Bulletins, and Alerts: These content formats keep members informed of developments in the rapidly changing health care environment.
- OMIC Premium Discount: WAO members earn a 10% OMIC premium discount.
- Registration Discounts: Members and their staff receive a discount on all events and programs.
- Liaison with Other Medical Societies: The specific concerns of WI Ophthalmologists are advanced at the national level by our AAO Councilor, who represents the WAO at the AAO Annual Meeting as well as the AAO Mid-Year Forum.
- Find an EyeMD: The WAO website includes a member database that allows the public to search for an ophthalmologist in their area.
- Online Profile: Physicians have full control when creating their online profile that can include a bio and current details about their practice.
- Website: An active website with many features. Many interactive tools for the community to connect with EyeMD's. Also provides comprehensive, trustworthy, and medically accurate eye health information to the public.
- Help Desk: A consultant available to answer all your Medicare and billing questions.
- Career Center: A valuable tool for connecting ophthalmologists with potential employers.
- Young Ophthalmologists Program: A new initiative coming from WAO that will feature networking, socializing, and content geared to young professionals.